Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Third CSA Pickup!

The take:

1 head red leaf lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
1 head escarole
1 bunch beets - I'm beside myself with anticipation for these. They are so dark and nutritious looking
1 bunch baby carrots - They're so cute!
1 bunch red Swiss chard
1 bunch kale
1 bunch scallions - They're super young and flavorful
1 head green cabbage

The triage: I chopped the leaves off of the beets, radishes, and carrots. The cabbage and the kale can probably wait the longest. The kale might not make it past my chip making habits, though. I'll roast some of the beets and shave others raw over salad, ditto for the radishes.

I'm starting to run out of ideas for lettuce beyond salad, wraps, and some soups. (A pasta dish from the NYT made with Bibb lettuce that I recently tried making was objectively terrible.) Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment